Saturday, December 09, 2006

I THOUGHT I RECOGNIZED YOUR FOUL STENCH

Holy crap, Jeane Kirkpatrick finally bought the farm. About time.

Honestly, I didn't even know she was still alive. After her way too active part in formulating Reagan's disastrous Central American and equally boneheaded Middle Eastern policies. I'd assumed she'd accepted a position at a nutty right-wing think tank somewhere, and since she looked to be about 700 years old back in the 80's, I figured she only survived as a carefully preserved shrunken head, perhaps as part of a shrine in William Kristol's basement.

Turns out, she was only eighty when she died Thursday, and The Decider his own bad self had used her to help sell the invasion of Iraq to some Arab clerics. So her spidery tendrils are all over some of the most astonishingly stupid presidential decisions in history.

Wonder which circle of hell she'll be cast into?