Monday, December 31, 2012

PREHISTORY

The 1974 Saturday morning series Korg: 70,000 BC is newly available on DVD.  I was eight when this premiered as a mid-season replacement, and even though it had a comic book spinoff and everything, I never watched it.

The only reason I remember it at all--heck, the only reason why I'm mentioning it now--is because eight-year-old me thought it would be awesome if it had been called Coug: 70,000 BC, and had been about my beloved cat Cougar, who somehow traveled through time to a prehistoric era.  Episodes would follow her as she...well, as she slept, devoured mice and occasionally fought with other cats, which is pretty much what Cougar did.  Sure, that doesn't sound very interesting, but come on, we're talking seventies kiddie shows.  A half hour of a cat sleeping on a rock couldn't be any less entertaining than an episode of Ark II.  At least my show wouldn't feature any guest appearances from Jonathan Harris.

And...this is my last post for 2012: Cats and long-forgotten TV shows.  Seems about right, doesn't it?