Wednesday, February 07, 2007

NOBODY CARES

Actor David Faustino, 32, is filing for divorce.

Since, if you're anything like me, you're thinking, "Who the hell is David Faustino?", let me put it this way: The guy who played Bud Bundy on Married With Children is filing for divorce.

Yeah, I don't care, either. And yet there was the wire story, at the website for The New York Times, for crying out loud, like I'm supposed to care, like this is, on some level, news.

Sure, we're all supposed to worship at the altar of Celebrity. Britney neglects to wear panties, BOOM, the photos are available everywhere. Paris Hilton's vagina services its one billionth customer, the papparazzi soil themselves. Lindsay Lohan...well, you know.

And no, I don't know why anywone, anywhere, would care about the likes of Britney or Paris. But they're the celebrities we've got, the mindless diversions of the moment, and I accept that.

But we're talking about Bud Fucking Bundy here. Despite being on a long-running sitcom, this guy barely had a moment in the sun in the first place. This guy's level of celebrity makes Screech look iconic. Hell, he makes Ed O'Neill look famous. And he's getting a divorce? Hey, tough luck. I got a divorce, too! Where's the wire story about me?

On the other hand, Bud Bundy is thirty-two? Man, I feel old...