Monday, November 12, 2007

JUST GO AWAY

I was going to go on and on about my sister Ann's adventures at a major Democratic blow-out over the weekend, and probably will later, but I don't have a lot of time for writing this morning.

Still, I'd be remiss if I did not mention one of the most noteworthy events of said blow-out: the unveiling of Hillary Clinton's new slogan: Turn Up The Heat.

Um.

The turning up of heat, apparently, is what she and her Democratic rivals should be doing to the Republicans, but it's also a whining protest against mounting criticism of her. "Hey," she's moaning, "why attack me, just because I'm a ruthless political animal who will say or do anything necessary to get elected? Let's attack the Republicans because, hey, they're ruthless political animals who...well...Turn Up The Heat!"

I've never refused to vote in a presidential election, but I'm thinking this might be the one to sit out.