Friday, May 12, 2006

SOME DAYS I FEEL LIKE MY SHADOW'S CASTING ME

So I was talking to my ex last night, and she mentioned that a friend of hers has deduced, from reading this blog, that I'm still in love with her.

My first reaction was, Someone's actually reading this thing? But instead I asked how this friend has decided this.

"Well, you're always writing about me."

Huh? I think I've spent as much time writing about Phil Silvers.

"Oh, come on. You wrote that whole thing about me. It was one of your first posts."

Well, it wasn't really about you, it was about being married. Since you're the only person I've been married to--

"Yeah, but you mention me a lot."

In passing.

"But do you mention any other women?"

I haven't been married to any other women.

"But you've been with other women. You dated a stripper, for crying out loud."

I didn't date her, I got fucked by her. In more ways than one. Why would I mention that?

"Well, you might get more people visiting your site that way. And what about that lesbian chick?"

She wasn't a lesbian, she was bi. Um, and there's been more than one of those. There are, let's say, advantages--

"There, see. That's what you should be writing about."

Right.

At this point, mercifully, the topic shifted. (Sadly, I think it was because I brought up Phil Silvers.) The point is...Man, I don't know what the point is. If you can sluice out any meaning from this, let me know.

In the meantime, while ostensibly writing about my dating history, I've really just written another entry about my ex. D'oh!