Monday, March 10, 2008

NEVER BEFORE, DEAR READER, HAVE YOU BEEN WITNESS TO A COLLECTION OF THOUGHTS SO UTTERLY RANDOM

1) Posting will undoubtedly be kinda light this week. I have tentative plans for this evening, and I'll be gone from Thursday through the weekend, so don't expect much. A bad time to leave, actually, since my stats are kinda sorta up--instead of two regular readers, I now have four!

2) Never watched the show, don't really know much about it, but for some reason, I had a dream about that Sex And The City movie. No, I'm not gay. Why do you ask?

3) Many recent articles attempt to explain the American economy's slide into recession, as if the fact that this is happening is something that couldn't have been foreseen, as if cutting taxes while spending billions, possibly trillions on a pointless, unending war hadn't doomed us from the get-go. Not to play Cassandra, but I could have told you this was coming all along, and I'm just some working-class schmuck, not a hot-shot economist.

4) That "hot-shot economist" line was originally going to lead me into a discussion of Paul Krugman, and the annoying tendency of this site to be New York Times-centric...but screw it, I don't wanna get that introspective.

5) Delmar and Monika are again sticking their noses in the air when I feed them. I bought this Friskies Select crap they'd gone gaga over previously, now they're tired of it. Oh my God...perhaps they'll only be satisfied with the taste of HUMAN FLESH. AAIIEE!!

Nope. Turns out they'll eat Cat Chow. Whew!

6) Since I suspect any postings this week will tend towards clip jobs, let's kick this trend off right, shall we? Here's an all-time favorite MST3K sketch.



7) There is no seven.