Sunday, November 23, 2008

AROUND AND UP TO

It's the weekend, I have to work and I'm in a cranky mood. Think I'm going to bother writing anything?

Nah. Not when Tonio K can say what I'm feeling so much more eloquently than I could. (And you can dance to it!) From 1978--though the lyrics certainly haven't dated--here's The Funky Western Civilization.



Well, hey, that's pretty bitter, isn't it? We should temper it with...more bitterness, actually. But such sweetly presented bitterness! I'm not going to claim Cry Me A River is the greatest song ever written, but can we agree it's the greatest kiss-off song ever? And no disrespect to the many, many people who have recorded this over the years, but honestly, Julie London's version is the only one you'll ever need.



And might as well close out with this, because any time's a good time for some Roger Miller.