Monday, January 19, 2009

NO, REALLY, I HAD A LENGTHY, COHERENT PIECE IN MIND

...but I overslept--aren't you sick of hearing me say that?--and I have no time for writing, so this is what you get.

Which is to say, not much.

The lengthy piece I intended to write was about Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino, and then not so much about the movie as the somewhat clueless critical reaction to it. Maybe later.

And of course, I should probably say something about Our Beloved President's last full day on the job. Mere hours remain. Can he use his limited time to screw the country over one last time? Come on, Decider! I know you can come through!

As far as Obama goes, man-o-Manischewitz, am I glad I don't live in the D.C. area anymore. Yeah, because it's going to be crowded for the inauguration and all, but mostly because you never know when Bono might be stopping by the White House, filling the very air with the noxious fumes of self-regarding douchebaggery.