Monday, July 19, 2010

SOMETHING SOMETHING KISSED A GIRL, SOMETHING SOMETHING HOT AND COLD, SOMETHING SOMETHING CALIFORNIA GURLS...LIKE I'M GONNA BOTHER LOOKING UP THE LYRICS

Had a video clip I intended to paste in here, so I went to YouTube to find it.  The home page popped up, with a little sidebar promo for Katy Perry: The YouTube Interview, during which "Lisa Nova will ask Katy your questions."

Wait a second.  I could have submitted questions for Katy Perry?  Dear God, why was I not told?  My life now is incomplete.  A minor, soon-to-be-forgotten celebrity might have acknowledged my existence by answering a question submitted by me.  Me!  Just an average fella, rubbing elbows, via question-asking surrogate Lisa Nova, with an artist whose work I've long avoided.

Yet my opportunity passed.  My question for Katy--"Why have I heard of you, exactly?"--will remain forever unanswered.  An almost unbearable melancholy descends, and I weep silently.