Monday, January 29, 2007

PRETTY, PRETTY COLORS

I've been--and still am--violently sick, skin crawling, head pounding, so dizzy I can barely stand. This is why, faithful readers, I haven't posted anything for awhile. Even the tap, tap tap of the keyboard sounds like a bass drum inside my head. (A heavily miked bass drum.)

Mostly these last few days and nights I've spent sleeping, but I finally crawled my way to the doctor today. He prescribed some meds which he said might cut down the number of days I suffer through this, but he wrote me a note excusing me from work through Thursday! In other words, this isn't going anywhere soon.

Despite all that, the most upsetting part of the whole visit to the doctor's office was the artwork on the walls of the exam room. Prints of works by Rothko and Kandinsky, used as visual Muzak, the works of these great artists reduced to nothing more than wallpaper, soothing colors to comfort the ill.

Kind of bummed me out, and ordinarily I'd go on and on about it, but all I want to do right now is sleep some more...