Wednesday, January 03, 2007

QUIETUDE

A bit of turmoil in my girlfriend's life. Continued anger about Saddam's hanging. The Decider is likely to send more and more troops to Iraq.

Things to fuel my anxiety, or anger, or some other negative emotion. Things to analyze, to rationally take apart, to attempt to understand.

Only for now my emotions are muted, for now my mind is calm. I have no idea why, but I seem to be experiencing a sense of stillness I haven't felt for a long time. My mind isn't racing ahead to imagine a thousand potential terrible things, isn't puzzling over some event I can't control, isn't distracted by things that don't involve me, isn't angry or mournful, isn't worrying or wandering or wondering.

I'm going to try to ride this wave of nothingness, to enjoy the quiet for as long as it lasts.

Probably only until morning, but hey, at least I'll have a good night's sleep.