Tuesday, July 03, 2007

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE

It's not the reason I'm bitter and out of sorts, but Our Beloved President's decision to commute the sentence for Cheney loyalist "Scooter" Libby should make any human being with a soul and a conscience sick.

You want proof the rich and well-connected can escape justice? You want proof that avarice, greed, cruelty and naked ambition are the coin of the realm? You want to know why those of us trapped at the bottom can never escape? Here it is, in a nutshell.

Yeah, history will damn this administration, and people will look back and wonder how this happened, but you know what? I don't give a rat's ass about history. I live in the here and now, while all this shit is coming down, and I feel so powerless, so trapped.

Not much more I can say, so I'll let Billy Corgan articulate my feelings: