Monday, July 02, 2007

I'LL CRY INSTEAD

Still in pissy mode, still not feeling much like writing, still don't want to get into it.

I will, however, note that things might be changing around here. Postings may become more erratic, and the nature of those postings may change. I've noticed there is no apparent pattern to the traffic on this site--the largest number of hits I've had recently was for the piece I wrote on tuna casserole, for God's sake, hardly one of my shining moments.

Inevitably, anytime I get a lot of visitors here, the next day I get almost none. So clearly, something about what I'm doing here is actively turning people away. Some reconsideratin may be in order. I've tentatively turned to fiction writing again; perhaps I'll post some of that here. Or not. Who knows?

Of course, it's also possible absolutely nothing here will change. Whenever I say I'll post less frequently, I usually wind up with two posts the next day. So I guess the moral is...well, as Michael O'Donoghue once observed, there is no moral, only random acts of senseless violence. And who could argue with Mr. Mike?

Finally, because I had so much fun posting Beatles videos yesterday, here's an awesome piece i certainly didn't know existed, a live performance of John's ballad If I Fell: