Friday, September 14, 2007

EXPERIMENT PERILOUS II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Well, I was all prepared to nash my teeth endlessly over Our Beloved President's speech to the nation last night, which would almost certainly have spiked my blood pressure to dangerous levels, but I see my ex has "tagged" me over at her blog.

So, though I don't get the whole meme thing, I'll still play:

Accent--What, mine? Eh, I'm from Iowa. Vague midwestern twang. Or maybe not, since I've had any number of people through the years assume I'm originally from New York, and their assumption was based mostly on how I talk, so who knows? (I've also had people ask me if I'm Jewish, which I think is some sort of midwestern code for "Are you from New York?")

I Don't Drink--Is this a complete-the-sentence thing? Mostly, I don't drink, and if I do, it's usually beer. But not crappy, mass-market American beer. Samuel Smith oatmeal stout--that's a good beer.

Chore I Hate--Hey, sometimes, just getting out of bed is a chore. Thank you! Goodnight! I'll be here all week!

Pets--My cats, Delmar and Monika. I've been known to go on about them sometimes...

Essential Electronics--I'm sitting at a computer, posting on my blog, which I use frequently to prattle on and on about favorite DVDs and albums. I think that sentence should give you some clues.

Perfume/Cologne--What? No.

Gold or Silver?--No, the order is wrong, and it should be "and" not "or", as in "Silver And Gold", the beloved Johnny Marks song Burl Ives sings so lugubriously in Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer. My brother and I are still prone to breaking into Burl's mid-song patter: "Couldn't really call it a Christmas tree, now could ya?" When we do it, Burl inexplicably sounds like the Pepperidge Farms guy.

Insomnia--Either that, or I sleep too much. Kinda goes hand in hand with crippling depression.

Most Admired Trait--My own or in others? See, this is just ambiguous wording. I'll go with the safe answer: Sense of humor.

Kids--No. Of course, if Tabbatha and I were still together, I'd have claimed Paul as a step-kid, but...

Religion--Oh, let's not get into that.

Siblings--Two brothers, two sisters. I used to have a third brother, but he was killed five years ago. Five years. Damn.

Time I Wake Up--Way too early.

Unusual Talent--Boy, these are random, aren't they? Well, I can belch on demand. Does that count?

Vegetable I Refuse To Eat--No, no, see, I'm good with vegetables. Many fruits make me sick. Is there any way this is interesting to anyone?

Worst Habit--I dunno. Inability to break free of my crippling depression? Yeah, I'll go with that.

X Rays--Again with the ambiguity. Have I had an x-ray? Hasn't everybody, at some point? In any event, I've got a steel plate in my right foot taking the place of the heel I shattered in a suicide attempt. So, you know, that gets x-rayed a lot.

Favorite Meal--Tuna casserole. No peas.

Aaaannnd...we're done. With not a single mention of Iraq. Oh crap, I just mentioned it. Never mind.