Wednesday, September 05, 2007

WHAT'S SO FUNNY 'BOUT PEACE LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING?

Hey, look--I'm back!

(Crickets chirping.)

You know, I was gone for a couple of days?

(Wind howling, tumbleweed blowing by.)

Okay, fine. But I won't let indifference get me down. This space is now going to be devoted to nothing but FUN!

No obsessing about my constant relationship failures, or the sucking misery of my job.

No mention of Mr. Bush's photo-op trip to Iraq, which had the desired effect of making virtually the entire mainstream media follow his script: See, the surge is working!

Certainly no reference to the ACLU's release of a comprehensive study of killings of unarmed Iraqi citizens by members of the US military, a document that lays out in stark detail everything that's wrong with the occupation, and possibly with our entire national character, and so has been systematically ignored by the usual media outlets, at least here in America...

Uh, yeah. That's the sort of thing we...sigh...won't mention anymore.

FUN!