Tuesday, September 18, 2007

GOT YOU IN A STRANGLEHOLD, BABY

It's my day off, and I'm just hanging out at home. Then, noise in the hallway. The maintenence guy is stripping the floors in the hallway.

Okay. I can deal with the scrape, scrape scrape and the whirring of buffers. Unfortunately, he's brought a radio along, and he's playing a local classic rock station. Loud.

Worse, it's Two-fer Tuesday, which means when you hear one awful Billy Idol or Rush song, you know you'll hear another immediately after. My ears perked up somewhat when I heard Cheap Trick's "Ain't That A Shame"--I knew they wouldn't follow with something really cool like "Southern Girls" or "Downed", but I was hoping for maybe "Dream Police". Nah--"The Flame".

Right now, it's The Who. "Who Are You", of course. I was fully expecting "Won't Get Fooled Again" as the second choice, but they went for the somewhat more surprising "Squeeze Box".

Annnd we round out the hour with some Ted Nugent. If I had to imagine what hell sounds like, I'm sure The Nuge would be involved somehow.