Sunday, October 14, 2007

BLOOD DRIES UP

Not that I expect anyone to remember, but back when I first started embedding video clips here (or, if you prefer, getting lazy), the first clip I posted was of Tim Finn, and I promised there would be more of Tim and his brother Neil on the way. I'm nothing if not a man of my word.

So let's start with their first band, Split Enz.



That was Tim on lead. Not sure why he was dressed like Daryl Dragon, but there you go. Sartorial eccentricity was these guys' stock in trade. Along with great music, of course. Here's Neil with the only hit single the Enz would have in the U.S.



After Split Enz broke up, Neil formed Crowded House and found huge success. Deservedly so. This is one of my all-time favorite songs.



In the nineties, Tim briefly joined Crowded House. But he also released several fine solo albums, on one of which he wrote lyrics to an instrumental Richard Thompson number. Not surprisingly, the result was absolutely gorgeous. Let's enjoy Tim and Richard, shall we?



Finally, Neil and Tim together, with a song they co-wrote. The sound is off in this clip, but I wanted to include it for the obvious love between the two of them, in beautiful harmony in more ways than one.