Thursday, October 11, 2007

I HELD HIS PAW AND I TOUCHED HIS COLD NOSE

As a hardcore Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan, I am required by law to note the forty-third birthday of the show's head writer and second host, everyone's favorite pasty, unthreatening white guy, Michael J. Nelson.

I would point out two things here:

1) Mike Nelson actually saluted me with his bottle of Heineken as I prepared to stride onstage at a costume ball at the second MST convention in 1996. (I was dressed as Jack Perkins, yet failed to even win the Jack Perkins Really Good Award. Not that I'm bitter...) This isn't as cool as the time John Pizzarelli saluted me with his water bottle for being the only person in a crowd to applaud his Bobby Troupe reference, but it's close. As a matter of fact, screw you, Pizzarelli. Mike Nelson saluted me with his Heineken!

2) After hearing my proceed every other sentence with the phrase, "Well, according to Mike Nelson...", my mom tried to forbid me from referencing Nelson and his mighty works every time we'd talk. Didn't work, because the Power Of Nelson cannot be denied!

Anyway, here's Mike and the Bots, doing one of the many things they do best: Singing!