Tuesday, October 30, 2007

THIS IS THE END...

It's not like it was an actual contract or anything. More like a half-hearted challenge issued with mock seriousness by my ex-wife. Nonetheless, when I pledged to put up an original post every day through the month of October, I took the challenge seriously.

Now the month is over, so I can go back to slacking. Not saying I will, merely that I can. It's been good, though, forcing myself to do this every day, a discipline I've sorely needed but unfortunately lacked. Oh, sure, sometimes I'd just throw up some video clips, but even then, I had to figure out what to use, how to tie them together, editing, assembling. I need to take writing seriously again, and decide what I want to do with it.

I realize there are people out there in Blogland with actual readerships, who actually receive money (if not quite earning livings) off of this sort of thing. Me, I just plod along here, never expanding beyond my regular readership (again, hello to both of you!), though you'd think I'd have sewn up the highly-coveted demo of Vincente Minnelli-loving, Bush-hating, Marshall Crenshaw-worshipping Star Wars fanatics. They're a force to be reckoned with, you know.

Anyway, I got very little sleep last night, and my mind's not up to tapping out the personal essay/psuedo-think piece this was meant to be, so I'll cut this short. Thanks for reading.