Monday, October 15, 2007

I GOT NOTHIN'

No, seriously--I got nothin'.

I had to work this weekend, and my brain is frazzled. Too much sleep, not enough sleep, hey, what's the difference? The point is, I'm tired and can't think straight.

And yet here I am, cranking out some words for no particular reason...except of course that my ex challenged me to put up a new post every this month, and dammit, I'm gonna do it.

That's three paragraphs--well, now four, actually--and surely that's enough. I could go off on another anti-Bush screed, or...ah, who am I kidding? When I can't think of anything else to write about, I can always turn to my old friend YouTube.

So here, for your entertainment, is the opening credit sequence from the mostly craptacular 1961 Nelson Algren adaptation, A Walk On The Wild Side. The movie itself is worthless, but this sequence, directed by Saul Bass, has a strutting sense of elegance, thanks to Bass' sense of composition, Elmer Bernstein's great music and, of course, that kitty.