Saturday, February 23, 2008

ANY WORLD THAT I'M WELCOME TO

A lazy Saturday morning-into-afternoon. Paul told me two weekends ago he planned on hanging out with me, staying here the night, if his mom would let him. Okay with her, okay with me.

He spent last night watching Hannah Montana and, even though he refuses to admit he thinks Miley Cyrus is hot, he does seem to go on about her. A lot.

He's watching TV now--the miracle of cable, which his mom doesn't have--and later, we'll be heading off to a movie. Probably The Spiderwyck Chronicles, although there's also a possibility of opting for Jumper, because it has Annakin and Mace Windu. (Needless to say, Paul and I are both jazzed about the new Star Wars movie, which opens just in time for his ninth birthday--surely the best present ever.)

Bummer that his mom and I aren't a couple anymore (though, according to Paul, he believes we "are meant to be together"), but it's nice that he and I have stayed buddies. This is exactly the kind of laid-back hangout day everybody needs.