Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A TREMOR IN THE FORCE

It's not like I actually squealed out loud when I read George Lucas will release a new Star Wars movie this summer...oh, who am I kidding? I did.

Of course, it's not a real movie, just the opening episodes of his new CGI Clone Wars series compiled into an ersatz feature and booked into theaters to drum up interest in the TV show. Still, the point is, I'll be paying money to see a new Star Wars movie on the big screen. Combine that with the new Indiana Jones and James Bond pictures, and 2008 could become the year when I finally overdose on my own geekiness.

It's almost enough to make me forget, at least momentarily, about my inability to sustain a relationship. Say, you don't suppose there's a connection, do you? Like perhaps my unwillingness to abandon childhood obsessions and concentrate on the here and now could somehow feed into...Nah. That's just nutty. Everyone knows chicks dig guys who are into Star Wars.

Don't they? Don't they?