Friday, February 01, 2008

DID I DREAM YOU DREAMED ABOUT ME?

Sorry, folks, I'm feeling down again, for a variety of reasons. Still, months later, wondering why things didn't work out with Tabbatha, staring down the two-year anniversary of Mom's passing, becoming weirdly aware of my own mortality...It's all too much sometimes.

What gets me through at times like this? Music, of course. I apologize if much of this is sad, but that's how I'm feeling right now. Here's Tim Buckley, with a voice that could make stone weep, and who didn't live to see thirty.



Paul Simon, with a song that's been playing in my mind on an endless loop:



One of the greatest singer/songwriters of all time, Harry Nilsson. He didn't write this one, though.



Let's get a bit more upbeat. Here's Annie Ross swingin' it live, with Count Basie, no less, on piano. The recorded version is better, but hey...



Finally, this. For Mom.