Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A CLARIFICATION

A private email I received regarding my post about the apparent racism among a segment of America's voters prompts me to make one thing clear: Despite the frequent Clinton-bashing around here, I am not a Barack Obama supporter.

Yeah, if he gets the nomination, I'll probably go ahead and vote for him. I don't think I could do that for Clinton, because her win-at-any-cost style and pathetic performance in office (remember, whatever lame justifications she uses now, she was gung ho about invading Iraq) represent everything I despise about the political game in this country.

No, Obama probably wouldn't be significantly better, but at least he's attempted to take the high road, and speaks to Americans as though we're capable of understanding complex thoughts, not just sound bites.

But he's still a Democrat, and has to ultimately play by the party's rules. Every single thing the Bushinistas have done has been to the detriment of the nation, but at least they know what they're doing. As this prolonged, painful nomination fight makes clear, Democrats will cut their own throats at every opportunity.

And if you can't trust them with knives, how can you trust them with high office?