Saturday, April 25, 2009

I WILL NOT RESORT TO A CLIP JOB, I WILL NOT RESORT TO A CLIP JOB, I WILL NOT RESORT TO A CLIP JOB...

...No. Seriously. I won't.

I know posting has been even lighter than I claimed it would be, but, you know, life gets in the way and all that. And the part of life that's mostly been keeping me too distracted to post even has a name: Jessica. I'm nearly forty-four, she's twenty-five. Make of that what you will. Also, when I asked her if it was alright to describe her in this space as uninhibited, she laughed and agreed it was probably the best word choice possible. Then she started singing Super Freak and we...well, no need for details.

The other distraction is more prosaic, and much less welcome: I've been feeling like crap lately. Mostly dizziness, still not adequately diagnosed by my doctor. Oh well.

And really, I had things I wanted to discuss this week, including the inexplicable acceptance of Rush Limbaugh, the reasons behind the rise of piracy and the death of the great cinematographer Jack Cardiff, the man behind the camera on The Red Shoes, which all by itself guarantees his continued immortality. But those topics must wait for another day (and I'm pretty sure the Cardiff piece would have included this week's obligatory reference to Vincente Minnelli, just as sure as I'd find a way to bring up Star Wars while discussing the Somali pirates)...or maybe they're forever lost to the ages.

Somehow, I think we'll survive their absence.