Thursday, May 28, 2009

HE TOLD ABOUT THE WORLD, HIS LOVER

Surprising as it may be, there are aspects of my life that I don't feel like discussing in a public place such as this. The dominating aspect lately, unfortunately, has been an overpowering sense of despair. Since this is not something I feel like inflicting on others, I've decided to take an extended break from this site. Not permanent, at least, I don't think so, but for at least a month, maybe longer. I can't say I won't be back on occasion, but I can't say I will, either.

For now, let me express my gratitude to all my regular readers (both of you!) and leave you with the words of one of my personal heroes, the late Phil Ochs:

Hello? Hello? Hello?
Is there anybody home?
I've only called to say
I'm sorry.
The drums are in the dawn
And all the voices gone
And it seems that there are no more songs...