Saturday, June 07, 2008

SOME FOLKS LIVE WITHOUT ANY NOTION

A pretty good evening: His mom wasn't sure if she'd have time to get him there, so I picked Paul up and took him to his baseball game last night. The game went well, the weather was perfect and when she got there, Tabbatha was very talkative and fun to be around.

Paul had told the two of us separately that we should all three go out to eat after the game, because "it's been so long since we've done that." I think I know what he's trying to do, and I appreciate it, but it's not going to happen.

I get the feeling that I'm better as an ex than as part of a whole. Not just with Tabbatha--my ex-wife sometimes uses me as a sounding board, and recently I've had a couple of ex-girlfriends (or, more accurately, one ex-girlfriend and one woman I briefly dated) call me out of the blue just because they needed to rant, and they knew I'd listen.

Not sure what that means, and I'll ruminate on the topic some time in the future. Right now, I'm not even thinking of dating, just kind of floating through life. That's okay, it really is; it's good to have time and space to breathe.