Thursday, June 26, 2008

STOP ME IF YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE

It's 4 AM as I sit down to write this. By my standards, that means I've slept in.

I'm always up at 2 or 3 in the morning, grinding out the wordage here. That's because I wake up early, and I can't get back to sleep. Which is true, to some extent. My sleep patterns have always been erratic. Still...what if one of the reasons I can't get back to sleep is because I'm worrying about what to write?

Hard as it may be to believe when you're plowing through yet another rambling anecdote about adorable kitties, I actually spend a lot of time and thought considering what to post here. I want it to be as good as I can possibly make it.

But I'm beginning to think this rising at 2 AM thing is a lot of malarkey. Let it go and stay in bed, I told myself this morning. Post later in the day, or don't post at all. It'll be okay.

I guess what I'm saying is, there could be changes around here. Less frequent posts, maybe, or...hell, I don't know. I've made the promise to myself before to spend less time here and more time doing actual real-life activities, and always wound up back at the same place at the same time, doing the same thing.

We'll see.