Friday, June 20, 2008

KNOWING ME AND KNOWING YOU

Really, New York Times? It's come to this?

"With Get Smart as the latest television show to reach the big screen, which series, if any, should be remade into a movie?"

This is your above-the-cut invitation for Reader Comments? What are you, USA Today?

I've tried to ignore Blogginheads and The Opinionator and your inexplicable showcasing of David Carr. I politely avert my eyes when David Brooks and Thomas Friedman do their thing. I shrugged when you hired William Kristol, and even that cover story on Naomi Campbell in the Sunday magazine...Well, actually, that was pretty bad.

I just feel like maybe I didn't know you as well as I thought I did. Maybe we should take a break. I'm not saying I'll read other papers, but...Okay, yeah, I probably will. But as long as you have A.O. Scott writing movie reviews, I'll still stop by. We can be friends. It's not the end, just the end for now.

Seriously, though, get rid of Kristol.