Monday, June 23, 2008

A WOMAN ENTICES, A CHAINSAW SLICES

Though it's Monday, it's the end of my work week, so I'm a little tired.

Definitely wish I had something to say about the unexpected death of George Carlin, but, though his influence in the comedy world is great, he wasn't really a big favorite of mine. (Gotta give it up for the headline in The NY Times, though: GEORGE CARLIN, SPLENETIC COMEDIAN, DIES AT 71. I truly hope the word "splenetic" will be used in my obit.)

Also considered saying something about Mike Myers' continuing Peter Sellers obsession, and how it manifests itself in The Love Guru...but that would involve me thinking about The Love Guru, and, what with my blood pressure and all, probably best to avoid.

Did I mention I'm tired?

So, you're thinking, is he just going to post some randomly-chosen clip, then? Oh my, yes! That's what I do! In this particular case, I give you a trailer for the less entertaining than it looks Black Shampoo from 1976. The movie starts out, as the title suggests, as a knock-off of the previous year's Warren Beatty film, then takes a turn into pure blaxploitation, but the maladroit touch of director Greydon Clark prevents it from being much of anything.

The trailer, though, is every kind of awesome. From the funky score, seemingly random editing and, especially, the narration by the late Adolph Caesar (THE voice of seventies exploitation), this is the kind of ad that does its job--makes you want to run right out and see the damned movie.