Friday, February 06, 2009

IT TAKES SO LITTLE TO MAKE ME HAPPY

This post could have been nothing but me whining about this terrible headache I've had since yesterday afternoon, or relating two particularly incomprehensible dreams I had last night (both of them featuring guest appearances from mellow song stylist/professional irritant Jason Mraz...and I have no idea why), but then I stumbled across this headline from London's The Times

VLADIMIR PUTIN FLIES IN BJORN AGAIN FOR ABBA TRIBUTE CONCERT

and suddenly I feel all giddy. This is the type of over-the-top eccentricity that cements Putin's resemblance to a James Bond villain, especially since the accompanying story also involves a menacing henchman and strategically-placed snipers. Nothing in real life should ever be this goofy, but when it is, it's a cause for celebration. At least in my world.