Saturday, March 07, 2009

QUIET NIGHTS OF QUIET STARS

It's been--what's the word?--quiet around here lately. To be honest, I've been feeling under the weather all week, but it's not just that. I've really been stuck for things to write lately. Or more accurately, I spend too much time trying to think of things to write. I wake up an hour early every morning just to give myself time to put a piece together. But this isn't something I do for a living! Doesn't this process seem a bit extreme?

Yes. Yes, it does. Even a flyweight placeholder post--yesterday's archly-ironic celebration of Ben Murphy, for instance--took me a half-hour to forty-five minutes to research. I had to make sure the clips I chose showcased the actor at his cheesiest. All well and noble, but...seriously? Taking time to pick the right Ben Murphy clips, for God's sake! Who the hell cares?

Evidently, I do, but I'm going to have to step back, spend just a little less time here. This may mean more hastily-written, poorly-reasoned screeds, an over reliance on clip jobs (or, more accurately, a greater over reliance on clip jobs) or just plain fewer posts. I suspect the latter, but we'll see.

Um...I wish I had some clever way to end this...