Tuesday, October 07, 2008

SOMETIMES WHEN YOU STARE INTO THE ABYSS, IT DOESN'T STARE BACK, IT JUST PRANCES AROUND LIKE THE POOR THING BELIEVES IT HAS TALENT

Oh, there are things to say, but right now I don't feel like saying them. I'm too angry and frankly depressed to go into the details, but let me just say that my insurance company apparently doesn't give a rat's ass whether I live or die.

So whatever I wanted to write about today has been hijacked by a mood, in this case an almost overwhelming sense of despair. What can a person do at a time like this, a time when things seem bleak and hopeless?

Well, of course! Go to YouTube and look for...Oh my God! It's Connie Stevens!



There. See? This thing made me laugh uncontrollably. As long as I can remember that there was once a time when sub-swing choir level performances by talent-free blondes could find a non-ironic home on network TV, my mood can life from unspeakable depression to...well, vague bemusement. Hey, it's a start.