Tuesday, April 22, 2008

FALLING THROUGH EMPTY AIR

So, Katie asked as she hijacked this space again, do I ever mention her here?

Um, yes. I mean, no. Yes, but probably not often enough.

Partly, I'm afraid speaking too much of the thing will somehow destroy it. I couldn't shut up about the awesomeness of Tabbatha, and, well...heh.

Katie's afraid to commit to a full-blown relationship because she's not sure of the seriousness of my intent, which--isn't it ironic?--is the same reason I can't quite commit to same myself. Yet we see each other pretty much every day, an amazing amount of time spent together for two people who aren't, you know, seeing each other.

Maybe we've both been through the mill too many times, and it's hard to feel this is all somehow shiny and new. We're too cynical, too beaten down, too weary. Somehow, though, we continue, staggering down some path together, not sure of the destination or if we'll even arrive, but glad for each other's company.