Thursday, July 24, 2008

JOEY, JOEY, JOEY

One of these days, I need to go back through the archives of this site and figure out what to do with all the posts based around clips that are no longer available.

I made a decision when I started writing this thing not to remove anything. That's why you can still read entries about how wonderful life will be once I'm married to Tabbatha, or those guest postings by Katie. Things don't always work out, but my premise here is that this space has been and will be a reflection of whatever my life happens to be at the moment, whatever obsession I may have or mood I'm in.

That said, if the whole premise of a particular post is a lead-in to a video YouTube has yanked, there's probably no reason for it to be there. The most obvious way to keep this sort of thing from happening would be to feature fewer clip jobs. But if I did that, how could I share blurry clips of Joey Heatherton? Sure, this Doors cover seems hilariously misguided, but look at the upside: You don't have to listen to Ray Manzarek's droning keyboards.